YOUR TRUSTED ADVISOR™
Best-in-Class plastic tapping with a variety of sizes and configurations.
Innovative Forming Thread
What is PT®?
PT® is a self-tapping fastening screw used for thermoplastic materials. PT® was designed with manufacturing and application technology based on physical computer models and simulations.
Why PT® works:
PT® has an innovative thread design that creates a torque curve during the installation phase that is independent of the screw depth.
Efficiency of PT® connections
Direct assembly using the PT screw makes thin-walled and flat designs possible. This leads to material savings and reduced cycle times during injection moulding.
- Low radial force – equals low radial stress.
- Large axial component – for optimum material flow into the recessed thread root.
- Larger thread bearing depth – for increased load-carrying capacity.
- Lower installation torque – because of smaller leverage with the same displacement volume.
- Self tapping and thread forming in thermoplastics
- Variety of point sizes, head styles, and diameters to meet application needs.
- Safety due to high tensile and torsion strength as well as vibration resistance.
- Size Range: M4 – M6
- Interior trim panels
- Instrument panels
- Door panels or components
- Any thermoplastic BOSS
Talk to a Shakeproof Account Manager
Want more information about this product? Your Trusted Advisor™ is looking forward to answering your questions.